Hi all! I am showing you the Favorites for May. This is based on what sells well in the shop and what get the most hits on my blog as well is what I like the most. For May I have chosen Hello Friday, Beauty and the Beast, A Mad Tea Party and Graduation.
Last month I have promised to to tell you how I did on my goals, which were:
- Increase the page view numbers by 10 fold at least.
- Continue to interact with my social media, especially Instagram and Facebook. Get more Facebook page likes.
- Earn $200 in my store this month.
- Earn something/anything from Amazon this month.
- Get at least 100 more email subscribers.
I didn’t meet the goals that I had set privately for page views, although they did go up by about a 1000 page views. I may have set my goal to high, but I wanted to press myself to work hard. I tried to increase my viewership by doing some things that I have heard will help, such as:
- holding a giveaway.
- commenting on others posts.
- trying to be more consistent with post days and times.
I will continue to work on these things including having in a giveaway this month and continuing with the commenting and trying to be consistent.
As a part of being more consistent, I need to post everything that I plan. I have an Editorial Calendar posted on the blog so you can see what I have planned. This month, basically, I have planned a Happy Planner posts on Mondays a Guest Sticker post on Wednesdays and a Erin Condren LifePlanner post on Fridays. When I get some more email addresses I’ll do to newsletters a month.
Last month I published:
- April 2017 Favorites & Report
- Guest Stickers – Paper Honey Flower Child
- Plan With Me – African Birds
- Plan With Me – A Mad Tea Party
- Guest Stickers – Isabelle the Owl May Month
- Plan With Me – Hello Friday
- Plan With Me – Owl be Graduating This Year
- Plan With Me – Father’s Day
- Plan With Me – Beauty & the Beast
I did however gain several new Instagram followers (154), a few Facebook followers (13) and a a few twitter followers (4) this month. I will keep responding to Facebook and Instragram comments/liking and re-tweeting and commenting on twitter. I hope my Facebook grows bigger this next month. I will have to do more research on how to get your Facebook to grow.
My store business is picking up and I almost met my goal of $200 made in this last month! In fact, I made $147.28. I’m trying not to stress myself out between the blog posts I have planned and the work that comes in. So sometimes I just put off doing things on my blog until the next day instead of working myself to death. It cuts into my consistency, but I would rather be happy than stressed.
I didn’t make any money from Amazon this month. I don’t know what the secret is but I was keep on placing ads and hope that it will pay off some day. I’m sure as my viewership increases I will get some income from them.
I got a few more email subscribers this month, but I don’t think I got as many as 100. I got 20 subscribers. At the beginning of the month I created printable weekly planner stickers that I use with a plug-in that I offer for free for signing up for email. It has helped some. I think I will keep using it for another month to see if it will help.
Blog goals for June
My blog goals for June are going to be similar to last month’s since I did meet some of the goals. I want to:
- Increase my page view numbers.
- Increase my interaction with social media, especially Facebook. Get more Facebook page likes.
- Earn $400 in my store this month.
- Get 50 more email subscribers.
- Be more consistent with times and dates of posting in my blog. Post all of planned posts.
Come back at the end of June to see if I accomplished these goals and what I have planned for the next month. If you have plans for June share them in the comments.
What are your blog/business goals for the month of June?